Basic Functioning Rules
Regarding the Students’ Rights and Duties and Coexistence Standards, action must be taken in accordance with Decree 327/2010, which approves the Organic Regulations of Secondary Education Schools. Besides, other basic internal rules will also be taken into account, namely:
RESPECT FOR PEOPLE AND FACILITIES
* Respect for people is the main rule that we all must meet.
* All members of the educational community must ensure the conservation of the school facilities and equipment, as well as the cleanliness of buildings’ floors and courtyards.
* A sensible dressing code must be observed, especially in the summer time (use of caps, inappropriate tops or shorts, flip flops ...).
ARRIVING AT SCHOOL
* The opening hours will be from 8.15 to 14.45. Classes will last 1 hour. Break takes place from 11.15 to 11.45. The access doors will remain closed throughout the school day.
* The school will remain open on Mondays from 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm.
* The main gate will be closed daily at 8:15 a.m.
* THE STUDENT ARRIVING LATE WITH NO JUSTIFICATION WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE SCHOOL, UNLESS HE/SHE COMES WITH THE LEGAL TUTOR.
* If the student provides written “justification”, he/she will present it to the janitors, so they can file it, joining the following class.
* Students can only leave school can only be authorised if:
-Parents, legal tutors or another relative of legal age should come to pick them up personally, provided they sign an authorization. Families must hand in the justification to the tutor later on.
LEAVING THE CLASSROOM
* During class time, no student should be in the corridors.
* When students are authorized to leave class because they feel ill, they must present themselves to the Guardian Teacher, who, if necessary, will notify their family.
* When for any reason students are allowed to leave class, they must carry the Teacher’s Card that may be required by any Guardian Teacher, who may take disciplinary action otherwise
MISSING CLASSES AND DELAYS
* Students’ absence, as well as delays in joining the classes, will be reflected by the teachers in the Seneca programme.
* The justification of absence must be delivered to the janitors within a maximum period of one week from the incorporation of the student; then, they will not be admitted.
* Families may justify absences of up to three days. Absences of more than three consecutive days must be justified by a medical report or other official documents.
* It should be remembered that the accumulation of absences for unjustified reasons may lead to penalties and the loss of the right to evaluation, especially for post-compulsory school students. Grants Applicants MAY LOSE THE GRANT AMOUNT OR BE FORCED TO RETURN IT IN CASE IT HAS ALREADY BEEN CHARGED.
* Parents may check absences through iPASEN app.
* It is necessary to be punctual. When a student enters the classroom after the teacher once the class has started, it will be considered as a delay.
* Five minutes after the class has started, students will not be allowed in and they must remain with Guardian Teaching Staff. They may be penalized for being late.
* Students who do not get into school at 8.15 will not be allowed to take an exam, except when they bring medical proof. THIS WILL BE OF STRICT APPLICATION TO BACHILLERATO STUDENTS.
* Smoking is not allowed at school in accordance with current regulations (Royal Decree 28/2005).
* During class time, or in exchanges, it is not allowed to go downstairs to the cafeteria or the copy shop.
* HAVING OR USING MOBILE PHONES AT SCHOOL IS ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN. IGNORING THIS PROHIBITION WILL IMPLY A ONE-DAY EXPULSION AS A SANCTION. This expulsion can get longer in case of recurrence.
* In order to park the motorcycle inside the school, an authorization will be required (it is collected in the Secretary Room) and comply with the regulations contained therein.
* The School Agenda is a necessary instrument for planning tasks and studies and for family-school communication. Therefore, it is necessary to bring it to class every day, as well as having it available to teachers who request it.
* Textbooks: At the beginning of the course, textbooks will be provided to ESO students. These books will be returned in June. Ant damaged and/or lost books must be paid.
* Those actions contrary to the coexistence carried out by a student outside the school facilities or after school hours, but motivated or directly related to school life and affecting some classmate or other members of the educational community, may be subject to sanction and correction.
* When a teacher fills in a Discipline Report, he will deliver a copy to students’ parents, who will sign it. Once signed, the student will return it to the tutor. Discipline Reports will be also sent to parents by SMS.
* School Expulsion: in accordance with the regulations, a student may be expelled from school in case of Disciplinary Reports accumulation or due to very serious offenses, contrary to the rules of coexistence. Parents will be notified by telephone at least one day in advance. The expelled student must submit the correction signed by their parents at the Head of Studies when returning to school, and bring the tasks that the tutor has assigned.
* It is not allowed to go up to classrooms before the entrance bell rings, as well as during break time. In the same way, students cannot enter a classroom other than their own without the permission of a teacher.
* When any student notices that there has been any damage (breakage, writing on the desks or walls ...) he will inform the Group Representative and at the end of the school day he will notify the Head of Studies.
* The deterioration of the school material or the classroom facilities will be charged to wrongdoers, when it is proven that it has been due to improper use or abuse. If the person responsible for the damage is not identified, the amount will be paid by all the students who were in the classroom when it occurred.
* It is not allowed to eat during classes or in class exchanges.
* Before going downstairs for break, students will deposit the sandwich wrappers in the class bins. After break, the containers or bottles must be deposited for recycling. (We will continue with the cleaning and recycling campaign started the previous years)
* Students will be responsible for the custody of their belongings.
* To avoid possible losses, the Delegate of each group will check that the classroom is closed and without students go to other classrooms or go downstairs at break time.
COMMUNICATION WITH FAMILIES
* Written communications sent to families must be returned signed by legal tutors.
* The Report Cards given in each evaluation must be collected by the parents in a meeting convened by tutors.
* The student's AGENDA may be used as an instrument of communication between families and teachers. There are pages reserved for notifications of both parties.
* Interviews with families with the tutors will always be under appointment at the agreed time.